Rajnath Singh will introduce 75 new, AI-enabled defense products
The Department of Defense Production, Ministry of Defense will host the nation’s first-ever “Artificial Intelligence in Defense” (AIDef) conference and exhibition on July 11 at Vigyan Bhawan. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will officially open the symposium.
The event will include an expo to show off the state-of-the-art AI-enabled solutions created by businesses, research institutions, start-ups, and innovators, as well as the introduction of AI goods to the market.
Ajay Kumar, the secretary of defense, gave a briefing on the occasion on Friday. He described it as a significant occasion where 75 recently developed AI products and technologies with military applications will be unveiled as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations marking the country’s 75th anniversary and to support the ‘Aatmanirbharta’ initiative in the military.
“The nature of contemporary conflict is evolving, and AI will play a significant role. These devices have undergone testing and will soon be used to improve the country’s safety and security “added Kumar.
He added that the products are in the fields of cyber security, human behavior analysis, intelligent monitoring systems, logistics and supply chain management, speech and voice analysis, Command, Control, Communication, Computer and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, and operational data analytics.
In addition to the 75 goods being released, he said that another 100 were in various stages of development.
In response to a query, Additional Secretary Sanjay Jaju stated that defense exports reached a record high of Rs 13,000 crore in the fiscal year 2021–2022 with a contribution of 70% from the private sector and the remaining 30% from the public sector.
The event will also feature panel discussions with participation from the Services, academics, students, research organizations, and industry on topics like “Deploying AI in Defence,” “GenNext AI solutions,” and “AI in Defence – Industry Perspective.”